Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Obedience

What does it mean to walk in obedience? For me walking in obedience is moving 11 hours away from my family and giving up my dream to be an elementary school teacher. For me walking in obedience is going home to Florida for Spring Break instead of traveling with my team to Mexico when the violence seems to be risky. For me walking in obedience is trusting the Lord with my whole heart because I know one day I will have a happily ever after.

Obedience. Such a hard word to live by. But the Lord's promises are so fruitful, so fulfulling, so worthy. I am thankful for the work the Lord has done in my heart these past few years. Honestly, it amazes me more and more everyday. I have learned to feel, to break for people, to put myself last. I am so blessed to be loved by such a good God, such a pure God, such a humble God.

I pray that today you sit back and think about where the Lord is asking you to be obedient. It's not because he wants you to suffer or grow frustrated...but because he is teaching you something. He is showing you the glorious gifts he has for you if you just trust him.

Step out on faith and be obedient today. I promise you. He is faithful.

No comments:

Post a Comment