Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1

Monday, December 27, 2010

How Do You Know?


I went to see "How Do You Know" tonight with some friends from Northstar and let's just say this: I'll take the company any day but as for the movie....I would
not pay to see it again. Reese was a rockstar as always. Shes so adorable. It was funny seeing her try to act like an athlete...she is such a girl. Reminds me a lot of myself. I can pretend all day long but let's get serious I love shopping, love movies, the color pink, and the good Lord. Caleb is my sports junkie...I let him teach me everything he knows and I just enjoy cuddling up next to him while he yells and screams and somehow believes that his "boys" will hear him. Oh the things you do when youre in love...

So how do you know when youre in love? I used to think it was little things like spending your entire pay check on them - wearing their favorite color - listening to the music they like most - going to bed after talking for hours and waking up just to repeat it all over again - having cute knicknames - talking about them non stop - writing them letters - butterflies in the tummy - naming all of yours kids - cancelling plans just to be with them - you know..the usual. But let me tell you something...Ive slowly learned that true love is so much more.

Ive experienced heartbreak...let downs...what ifs...could have beens and to be honest my track record makes me look hopeless for a fairytale. But I serve a God who loves me, who knows me, who designed my heart the way it is and I believe without a shadow of a doubt I will have a happily ever after. Caleb and I have been through a lot but one thing he has shown me is that God is faithful, God is true, and God is love. So how do I know that I love him? God's word has come true in my own life.

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails."
1 Corinthians 13: 4-8

I am so thankful to know a love like this. May you never settle until you experience the same. God's love is unlike any other. It's unconditional and true.

No comments:

Post a Comment