Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

LORD WHO ARE YOU?

Today in chapel we talked about our conversion stories. After working in the ministry for a while now I have come across so many people who have expressed fear that their story may not be as beautiful as someone else's. As humans we often compare ourselves to anything and anyone and I had to stop and ask myself...when did I ever decide that the Lord loves one more than the other?

I want you to stop and ask the Lord to remind you where you were when he first met you. I invite you to go to that place and allow the Lord to stir up in you the joy and cleansing you received. Mmm beautiful isn't it? And it's beautiful because it is your story. The Lord met you exactly where you needed to be met. Because he loves you - He knows you.

As we grow in Christ we mature in our journey. Whether you were 6 years old when you prayed the prayer of salvation or 20 or 67...I am willing to bet that since that time God has taken you on quite the journey. I look back on my life and cannot help but smile...the way I would handle things today is so different from years ago. God has stretched me...he has challenged me...he has pushed me. I am so thankful for who I am and know that there is more learning to be done. Guys..our God is alive. He is always working..always speaking to us in new ways..always romancing us...always there. I want to ask you the same question we were asked in chapel this morning and I pray that you will be able to answer for yourself.

"LORD WHO ARE YOU?"

Don't be afraid to ask this question. He will always answer. I pray that he will answer this in unexpected ways throughout your life. He is good. So good.

1 comment:

  1. Destree- you are a good writer-- keep at it. Liked this post

    ReplyDelete