Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Your Majesty

Things have been put into perspective for me lately. I have a lot on my plate and though my personality is to walk with complete determinacy I can claim with complete honesty today that I cannot do it alone. Oh my goodness..I feel heavy, I feel tired, I feel weak, and I feel pulled. It feels good to claim that out loud. I am always the one who holds everything together..who acts as if nothing is wrong..who picks up and carries whatever needs to be carried. I don't know why I have always been like that. I don't know why it is so hard for me to ask for help. Maybe because I am afraid. Maybe because people have failed me. I don't know.

As I sit and write this I am reminded who I have on my side. A man that has never left me. A man that is my biggest fan. He does not relent. I am reminded of the song I love to sing to the Lord. It's called "A Love Song" and it is so beautiful to me. I serve a God who:

You walk on waves
You run with clouds
You paint the sky for me to see
Your majesty
Your majesty is why I sing

Suddenly, I feel so strong. It's amazing how small he makes things seem.

1 comment:

  1. Still love to read your posts, hope you are doing so well!

    ReplyDelete