Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1

Monday, August 8, 2011

Streets

"We see our churches full but we forget that the streets are fuller." Joel Houston

At my church we have been studying the book of Acts and the idea of a Revolution. I personally have been studying the book on my own and it has been amazing to see God's passion and love for his people. I have never been more excited to be a part of something bigger than myself. God is up to something. I have seen the hearts of people change before my very eyes. You can never underestimate the power of the Spirit. Mmm it is moving.

I choose to believe that often we get caught up in motions and forget about the multitudes of people who are in desperate need of something greater. More than numbers, more than money or success...they simply want to belong. Sure it's exciting to come to church and worship with one another but what about your friends and those around you who are lost and turning to anything they can for happiness?

It breaks my heart to know that I have several friends who do not know Jesus. I imagine what God would do with their lives and how the world would be impacted by them. God has uniquely designed us each in a way that impacts the kingdom and I pray that one day they would embrace it.

I am forever thankful for my Savior. Pray for the streets. They need Jesus. Go into the streets. You are the hands and feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment