Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1

Friday, June 24, 2011

Agape

The heart.

It is such an odd piece of work. It beats. It hurts. It leaps. It guides you - which can be good or bad. It's such a hard thing when someones says, "Follow your heart." How do we know that our heart is in line with the Lord's desires and not our own? And what about the moments when we face pain because of others choices that weren't our own?

I long to please our Lord. Gosh, I imagine myself sometimes sitting at his feet and him just smiling at me. Not saying a word. Just being there. With me. In perfect peace. And without a sound...I know he is pleased with me. I know he loves me. My heart tells me so. His eyes tell me all I need to know.

Life tends to happen whether we like it or not and it never seems to slow down. Often I find myself overwhelmed. For once Id like to just sit and be and allow the Lord to whisper sweet nothings in my ear but life tends to get in the way. It's funny - you think when you're truly seeking after God's own heart that your life would be together. That has never been the case for me. In fact, the Lord brings me to the season of the wilderness a lot. Especially the past few years...but I've learned to take a deep breath and hold onto him tightly. The man has captured my heart. And he is the only man I trust. After all, he did die for me.

I feel like I'm learning a lot about love and a lot about my own heart. No I don't have all the answers or any really...but I know a man that understands love perfectly. And that's all I need to know. May he continue to show me...

Agape.

No comments:

Post a Comment