Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Happily Ever After

"He is the ultimate Prince Charming to every woman, especially the one who forgot she was Cinderella."-Beth Moore

I feel like so often ladies, we forget this. We get to the point where we're like "yea I dont need anyone" begin to pursue the Lord completely and get side tracked by someone we think could have potential to sweep us off our feet. We pray about it in the beginning, and slowly...begin to take matters into our own hands with our charm and begin to capture his heart. This happens in our lives over and over...until we become numb and begin to search for any guy that can fill that void. But he never will.

This summer,through all my pain and sadness, I fell in love with Jesus. And I mean madly in love with him. I found myself wishing the day to end so I could have my quiet time..I would blare today's music and sing it to Him like a love song...I was ridiculously in love. And I absolutely loved it! To fully understand what it means to love the Lord..to be in love with Him...crazy! I have never felt that way before. That glow we all get when there is a new interest..never went away. The smiles and laughter..were constant.

This is an amazing thing. Why? Well, since then...I have not been able to be in a relationship with anyone because I have never felt that way again. And I knowwww that the next time I will feel that special love...will be from the man God created for me. Now, if only I could have figured this out before highschool and college. However, just like His word says in Romans 8:28...he works everything for good..even my many mistakes. And through those mistakes, I have learned to love and to love others for who they are. I am able to relate to girls all across the board and I am so blessed and thankful for that because I am able to show them that through Christ his strength and grace are unreal and powerful and amazing!!

So ladies, remember, Jesus is our ultimate Prince Charming. Our knight in shining armor. Our ridiculous love story. He is a jealous God who wants to love us and protect us and provide for us. Trust Him and know that just like precious little Cinderella...we too will get our happy ever after! Bless yall.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Destree! Even this old married lady needed to hear that one... especially on the days that I expect poor Brad to fill those voids that ONLY Christ can fill. :)

    ReplyDelete