Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Love Wins

I'm not gonna lie. It's been a rough month for me. Definitely a time of learning and humility and obedience. Probably the hardest thing for me was not being able to go to Winter Retreat with the youth at St James. Honestly, it about killed me. I saw blessings in staying here...I was able to experience my roommates joy in helping her find a wedding dress, I learned a lot in Greek and made an A on my midterm :), and I got to meet my new Life Group of seven precious 9th graders! However, the entire weekend my heart ached because I missed my St James UMC family sooo much...not to mention my brother Tay and Cori and Cara were there along with Sam. Man, just thinking about it now sends a pain in my heart. I look back to Winter Retreat last year and how much I've grown and the staff has grown and the youth and man...I am blessed by it. I've heard amazing blessings and opportunities from this past weekend and I am so proud of everyone and definitely not surprised..I expected God to move and He did..He always does. I pray that the fire ignited in ya'lls hearts will continue to burn and that NOTHING will stop ya'll from the work He has for you! In your schools, in your families, in your friendships, in your witness...LET THE LORD LEAD YOU IN A POWERFUL WAY!!

Continue to keep the people of Haiti in your prayers. Devastation can be such an easy way to allow people to give up and turn away. But remember: LOVE WINS!! In every situation, in every trial and tribulation...it always does and always will.

No comments:

Post a Comment