Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Feels Like Home to Me

It's hard for me to believe that after Thanksgiving break I will have about 3 weeks of school left in Kentucky. After careful prayer, guidance, and obedience I have deicided to move home after this semester. With my precious Aunt Deedy being sick and everything going on..I just can't see myself being 11 hrs away from my family when I don't have to be. So...starting Spring semester I will be an online student and I will graduate next December! Crazy to think that by this time next year..I will have my Masters in Christian Education. Man...God is so good.

I have to admit this has been one of the hardest months of my life. So many decisions have been placed before me but even as I write this I have a huge smile on my face. I know without a doubt I have made the right decision for myself and God has given me a ridiculous amount of joy it is unreal. I cant even be sad because my heart is so happy. And it hasnt felt this kind of happiness in a long time.

Word on the street says that online classes for ATS are ridiculously hard...but I am excited and ready to take on the challenge. I have learned so much here and am so blessed by this community. It is so rich.

To look back on my life in the past few years has been incredible. The Lord has introduced me to so many people and I have been blessed by all of them. I look forward to the people I will come to know and love during this new season in my life.

To know God is to love God and there is no doubt that I love the Lord with all of my heart and soul. Joyful. This girl is full of joy. :)

Headed home Friday and then Jax for Thanksgiving! FAMILY TIMEEEE!

2 comments:

  1. Destree! You are such a wise girl! I wish I had the thought and prayer when I was your age to make the decisions you are making now. I know your mom and Cara are super excited to have you home! You will be a wonderful Christian teacher or whatever else you decide to do! I am proud of you! Your mom did such an awesome job raising all 4 of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Destree, I know you have made Cara the happiest little sister in the world! So excited for all of you to be together again, I know your mom is thrilled! You better be calling the Cooks when you are in Jacksonville next week! :)

    ReplyDelete