Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Blast from the Past

<span class=destreebrown" class="user-profile-link" data-user-id="18310724" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; cursor: pointer; color: rgb(195, 66, 66) !important; ">
destreebrown
Had a couple of blasts from the past on this beautiful Sunday..so thankful for God's constant direction in my life.

This morning at church I ran into two old friends of mine. One guy I havent seen since the 10th grade - he took me to prom and I remember wishing he would ask me to be his girlfriend but he always told me I was a lot of fun and super sweet but that he just didnt want to commit. Its funny how a good 8 years can change that. He shared with me this morning how much he wished he could go back and change things - how he wanted to get back in church, find some stability, and learn what it looks like to start living. Not 5 min later, a guy I dated in college walked up with his girlfriend. I have literally not seen this guy since the day I broke up with him 4 years ago. He said hello to me and introduced me to his girlfriend. Him and the other guy quickly started talking and they made sure to let me know that they really were seeking for something more in their life.

As they both walked away I could not help but smile and praise God. I remember wondering why in the heck could things not work with either of them - and here I was several years later being reminded of how much God knows me better than myself.

Have you ever been frustrated with the Lord - especially when you feel him leading you somewhere you cannot seem to understand? Trust him.

No comments:

Post a Comment