Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Knees

John Piper
by destreebrown
"Whom God will use mightily he wounds deeply." (Matt Chandler)

I saw this tweet this morning and immediately had to retweet it. This claim rings true in my life time and time again. I often find myself walking in the harvest - feeling completely blessed - in peace with the Lord and yet something always happens. Something ends up happening and here I am found on my knees again clinging to the only thing I know to be constant in my life - Jesus' love.

I'd like to think I am a good person. Sure, Lord knows I have my downfalls and Ive made decisions Im not always proud of - but I have a good heart and want nothing but to help others. I ache for those who have been crushed, wounded, let down, etc. I dont understand why people can be so selfish, so center-focused, so destructive...and yet they continue to hurt people and feel no remorse about it. I've been through my fair share of let downs. I guess that comes with the idea of my inner need to help fix people. I understand that it is not my job but yet I find myself bending over backwards for those in need. If only I could let go and let God...

Today I am choosing to praise God for my many wounds. From abuse to abandon to rejection - Ive felt it and yet I praise the Lord bc this pain is no where near the pain he experienced. Here I am on my knees at the foot of the cross and there is no place I would rather be.

I am so thankful for this reminder. Today I am filled with joy, love, compassion, excitement, peace, hope, and so much more and that I know is from the Lord. I sow these into my heart because I know that I will face many trials on my journey but I know he is with me and walking before me. Take some time to praise him even when its hard. He knows our pain. He knows our desires.

Sunday is one of my favorite days. Not because we get to dress in precious dresses or spend time with family - but bc we are reminded of the beautiful sacrifice Jesus made for us. As tears stream down my face - I am so thankful. I am so undeserving and yet he loves me still.

To be on your knees is such a selfless and humbling act. Go there today.

*Need a church home for Sunday?? Come check out Northstar! We have been praying for you. www.northstar.cc

No comments:

Post a Comment