Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

K E Y S


<span class=destreebrown" class="user-profile-link" data-user-id="18310724" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; cursor: pointer; color: rgb(195, 66, 66) !important; ">
destreebrown


The minute I opened my eyes yesterday I should have known that I needed to be prepared for the day I had in store for me. After working a long BUT FUN day @ Northstar I decided to come home and do a little spring cleaning. Why? Well, my closet was overflowing and could not fit another item of clothing inside and so I knew something had to give. I packed up all of my fall/winter clothes...got rid of things...and ohh 5 hrs later my room was looking like a rockstar. I finally went to sleep feeling great and refreshed and reordered...little did I know those few hours of sleep would be the last of my peace for a while.

I woke up the next morning, not feeling too hot, and got ready to begin my day. Everything seemed great...I was so pumped about being in the office - it was the first day for our interns and we had such a cool meeting planned! I had everything ready and ready to go when all of a sudden I realized something....I COULDNT FIND MY KEYS. I have never lost my keys or misplaced them before so I tried not to panic. An hour later I was still looking for my keys.

I ended up using the spare and headed to work. I had a good day but the constant tracing of my steps lasted all day. I went home and looked everywhere again. Im talking unpacked things, repacked things, dumped things, lifted things, garbage dived, ANYTHING...and still no keys. Needless to say, I broke down and cried for a long time. Here I am at work once again..and still no keys. Just typing that makes my stomach churn. I know it may not be a big deal to you...but it is to me.

The crazy thing about me losing my keys is that the entire time I have not lost my temper. Im not angry or frustrated...I just feel extremely defeated. Like I myself am lost honestly. I cant help but think that maybe God is trying to teach me something...what is it that I am searching for? What is it that we are all searching for?

I realize that I have got to let go and let God. I am comforted by His word in Matthew 7:7, "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Keys. You need keys in order to get somewhere. You need them to open a door. Let God show you what he wants to open for you.

1 comment:

  1. Can't help but think of the song by Francesca Battistelli "This is the Stuff." Listen to it! He definitely used your situation to show you something. Love this post!

    ReplyDelete